The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Monday 12 January 2009

About Me

Welcome.
When I was young, I had a dream. My dream was that I would become a writer. Writing was one of my passions and I used it to express myself and give vent to my imagination. Time passed and, although I never gave up on my dream, the realities of life forced me to make a choice. Instead of taking up writing, I decided to follow a different and more secure career path and I became a pharmacist instead. Did I make the right choice? It is hard to make up my mind completely. Working in healthcare has given me an insight into a world I would not otherwise have discovered. I can now use that insight in my writing. So the experience has enriched me. But the love of writing never left me, and although the last time I put pen to paper to write something I was 18 years old, I would still write out stories and situations in my head. So after 20 years I have decided to give way to the writing muse. Sometimes it is hard to find the time to write. Other times I get writers block. A full time job, a husband and a young kid keep me occupied but I try to write something everyday whenever I can. I hope that I will have a measure of success and that those of you that visit enjoy my blog.
Please come back as often as you like.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe we enjoy the same books, love photographing sunsets and Pharmacists are a link, I am married to one and my future daughter in law is one :) Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for viewing my post Glyis. I live in Malta. So that is another link....we both live in the Med on 2 different islands which have shared a lot of the same history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lor,congratuations I love your writing, it is very relaxing for me and makes me forget the hectic life I'm going through especially knowing that the author is a close friend of mine!! Regards to all ;)Corinne.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails