The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Thursday 15 September 2011

My 7 Links

Amanda at Travels with Persephone has nominated this blog to participate in Tripbase's My 7 Links Project. The project aims to “unite all bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned, and create a bank of blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again”. Each nominated blogger then selects 7 posts from their archives that fit into the following categories:
Your most beautiful post
Your most popular post
Your most controversial post
Your most helpful post
Post whose success surprised you
Post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
Post you are most proud of
Thank you Amanda for nominating Stories & Scribbles to participate in this project. After a bit of pondering, here are my seven links:
Your most beautiful  post
Seductive Siena is a post I wrote that came straight from the heart and just seemed to flow out of my fingertips. I wrote it soon after a short holiday in Tuscany back in 2009 (I can’t believe it’s been that long already) and I was still under the powerful thrall of the whole region. Siena is a place that I would love to go back and visit.
Tuscany 524
Your most popular post
I was not expecting Ruby  Tuesday – Vintage Sign to be my most popular post and I always wonder why people like it so much. Perhaps it’s because there is the word vintage in it. Vintage has become popular again – not that it ever went out of fashion in my family. We love to re-use and re-purpose. Anyway, this post was part of a photo meme I sometimes participate in that has red as the  main theme.
Tuscany 192
The photo was taken at an antiques fair in the lovely medieval town of Lucca in Italy. Sweet memories!
Your most controversial post
I usually try to steer away from too much controversy but I think that a post I write not too long ago entitled Love Yourself The Way You Are about women’s perception of their body shape is the closest I got to causing a bit of a stir.
Your most helpful post
Well, I don’t know if any of my posts were particularly helpful but I would say Fabulous Fridays: Free Actions For Photoshop provides a useful link to a site where you can download different actions to make your photos stand out or to give them that vintage look.
Post whose success surprised you
I wrote Bygone Days after someone sent me an e-mail of a  number of old photos of Malta. My readers loved the glimpses I gave of Malta at the turn of the 20th century. It has changed so much over the years.
DSCN0211[1]
Post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
I had only been blogging for a couple of weeks so this post did not receive too much attention. But I still consider Stormy Seas to be my personal love affair with the waters that surround this island.
Golden Bay - Stormy Seas 013

Post you are most proud of
This has to be The Book Thief Who Stole My Heart. Inspired by the novel The Book Thief it is a small tribute to the power of words.
Now it’s time for me to nominate five other blogs for the 7 Links Project. So, without further ado, here they are.

10 comments:

  1. Yay Loree..congrats..all your posts are magnificent..wonderful and phenomenal..i have so enjoyed getting to know you these past years! Shine on..and congrats to everyone!
    have a beautiful day!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me - this will keep me busy for a while whilst I'm waiting for baby to make an appearance! It's a really good idea and I've enjoyed reading the older posts you linked to, especially the one about Sienna, one of my favourite places. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Loree!

    I was just going to type that this was a lovely way to become acquainted with some of your back posts on this blog since I'd been following 'Snapshots of an Island' for far longer when I got to the end and saw my own nomination. Thank you!

    I will tend to it when I resume blogging as Girl Wizard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With close to 900 posts I think it would be hard for me to pick a few that would make it to those categories. and I don't want to play favorites, too. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing me, Loree. I love all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stormy sea picture. I'm always looking up at the clouds. Perhaps have my head up in them more than necessary. :) Have a great day ~ xox Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I always enjoy your posts. Sorry, I've been away for a while...been taking care of health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ! that would be impossible for me, I started blogging in 2006, I really can't remember which one is what. Bravo for your work !

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay loree!!! i love seeing all these posts - but especially loved the photos of old malta - you live in an historic paradise!!

    big kudos on the body image piece - so important for everyone to hear this, particularly young women..

    what a beautiful trip through your blog ~ thanks for participating♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very very kind of you to nominate me. I had fun reading your entries. I really like that last photo of the ocean. I can see why Old Malta definitely got attention. I will fervently hope for some rain to come your way! The rain is doing wonders here but the humidity set in this morning and it is like the tropics outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails