The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Monday 26 October 2009

Ruby Tuesday: Pinocchio


Having returned from Tuscany only last week, I thought I would share some photos of the mischievous wooden puppet that has stolen the hearts of children for generations since the book about his adventures was first published in 1883. The writer, Carlo Collodi, was a native of Tuscany, and I am sure that everyone is familiar with the story of Pinocchio - the wooden puppet who, after many adventures, becomes a real little boy. His characteristic bright red clothes kept catching my eye as we made our way across Tuscany and, naturally, I thought he would make the perfect protagonist for this week's Ruby Tuesday.





14 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed the story of Pinocchio. I like the way you photographed a bunch of them in the shop. They look charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post. I want to be there when each one of the puppets turns into a little boy. OK, truth is I want to be in Tuscany because I've heard so many great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinocchio and his red suit would make a great Christmas ornament!Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and a wonderful selection for Ruby Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many! Pinocchio heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my kids' favorite character.. Those are cute Pinocchio.

    Come and see what I’ve got for Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such cutie.. I love Pinocchio.. Nice entry.. Glad to be here.

    Mine is up here:
    http://pinkyshelo.blogspot.com/2009/10/ruby-tuesday-crown-relocations.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome Pinocchio! That red is really bright and cheery..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwwwww, such a fun whimsical entry! I love it.

    My Ruby Tuesday is big huge LIPS this morning...come by if you can?

    Click HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Ruby Tuesday indeed! Wonderful close-ups. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, Tuscany. would love to visit. How wonderful for you to be able to take in such a place. Love the Pinocchio shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do my eyes deceive?
    Do I see row upon row
    of Pinocchio?

    My Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails