Suze has awarded me the Liebster Award, which I will graciously accept and pass on. I now need to share 11 fun facts about myself, answer Suze’s 11 questions, pass it on to 11 other bloggers and come up with 11 new questions for ‘the chosen ones’ to answer.
1. My favourite colour is crimson but over the years I have developed a love for turquoise and all its variants, especially aqua.
2. The furthest place I’ve been from home is Los Cabos in Baja California, Mexico. My husband and I travelled there for our first anniversary. It was all about sun, sea and sand and is the most relaxing vacation that we have ever had.
3. The most awe-inspiring place I have been to is the Grand Canyon in Arizona. The sheer magnitude of the place left me dumbfounded. Even my wildest dreams could not have imagined this marvel of nature. We visited the West Rim, the home of the Hualapai nation. I was over the moon to meet my first Native Americans.
4. I cook because I have to but I bake because I love to. Whenever we have people over, I always have to try a new dessert. The Mischief Maker loves to help too – especially if we are making anything that has chocolate in it.
5. Although they have been explained to me countless times, I am still clueless when it comes to the rules of a baseball game. My husband despairs.
6. I have an unhealthy aversion to snakes – even the local ones that rarely grow longer than 1 metre are capable of scaring the living daylights out of me. I am not sure why I find them so repulsive. I know they are not slimy and the ones here are not even poisonous (although they will bite) but, where snakes are concerned, I defy any attempts at reason.
7. The above quote is my idea of a wonderful vacation. You will never get to know a city until you are truly and wonderfully lost. My husband and I have endless arguments about my penchant for getting lost.
8. My favourite animals are Labradors, dwarf rabbits and British Shorthair cats.
9. I can never buy enough sandals and boots. Shoes are optional.
10. When I was a child I owned a stuffed animal monkey. I had named him Monkey Gibbons and I still have him.
11. Whenever I am feeling down, a musical blast from one of the hair metals bands of the late 80s or 90s is bound to cheer me up. This is still one of my absolute favourites.Eleven questions from Suze.
1. Why do you blog? I blog because I enjoy writing but, most of all, because of all the people I am meeting along the way.
2. What is your goal for the next six months? It’s a secret but it involves photos.
3. The next year? I would definitely like to read all my camera manual and improve my photo-taking skills by using the manual setting on my camera more often.
4. The next five years? I never make such long-term plans.
5. If you could have any meal for dinner tonight, anywhere in the world, what would you have? I would definitely choose to have the tiramisu at Da Robertino in Rome.
6. Who are your influences? My parents.
7. Have you ever had a recurring (sleeping) dream? If so, care to share it? Yes. I went through a phase of dreaming that I’m eating gum and all my molars start coming out.
8. Without looking it up, do you know what your birth stone and zodiac sign are? Yes - Aquarius; garnet.
9. What was the first name of the first person you kissed/who kissed you? Oh dear, now everybody is going to know. His name was Peter Paul.
10. What is your favorite pizza topping? I’m not really into too many toppings. My favourite topping (if you can call if that) consists of tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil – topped with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
11. Most interesting teacher you ever had? That would have to be Mrs Gauci. She was a Scottish lady and taught me in Grade 6. I absolutely loved her accent.My Eleven Questions
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What character from a book do you most identify with?
3. What is your favourite flower?
4. If you could meet one person from the past, who would it be?
5. What would you talk about?
6. Have you ever won anything? If you have, what was it?
7. Do you prefer modern or vintage clothes, furniture etc?
8. What one event will forever remain etched in your memory?
9. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one book, which one would it be?
10. What is your favourite musical genre?
11. Can you ride a bicycle?My 11 Nominees
It is really hard to find 11 people to nominate because so many people do not do blog awards anymore. But there’s no pressure to play. So I am choosing:1.Sue
5. Icy BC