The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Wednesday 11 May 2016

A moment, in Budapest

Buda and Pest: the hilly and the flat. I felt an unexpected affinity for the city of the  Magyars. Like Vienna, it has grand boulevards; like Prague, it has a castle on a hill looking down on the city. Reminiscent of both but completely and uniquely itself.
IMG_20160504_171451945_HDR
IMG_20160504_171736606_HDR
A moment - that is all I had - but it was enough for me to know that, one day, I will have to return. And you'd be completely forgiven for thinking that I have a fickle heart, apt to develop a huge crush on this place or on that; without rhyme or reason; without so much as a second thought as to the whys and wherefores and just heeding the voice of instinct. Perhaps it's what wanderlust does to you. It gives you a sixth sense that you just cannot ignore and creates a wanderer's soul.
IMG_20160504_172757522_HDR
IMG_20160504_172707293_HDR
I knew nothing about this city and learnt just enough to intrigue me. Budapest - who would have thought?
IMG_20160504_172601431_HDRIMG_20160504_173458958_HDR
Budapest, May 2016
Related links:

9 comments:

  1. I loved Budapest. Everywhere I went in Hungary, actually. Maybe because my paternal grandparents were Hungarian? The baths were fabulous. The architecture. The food. The countryside. I loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in Budapest, but it is on my travel list. My best friend Ilona had an Hungarian father, but he died when she was 3. But she had been in his family. Now they are all dead ! We are getting old !

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's on mY BUCKET LIST NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a picnic lunch near that fountain. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Loree what a gorgeous place. From your photos I can see why you would want to return. Looks like your travels are bringing you to many lovely places. Enjoy dear friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Loree what a gorgeous place. From your photos I can see why you would want to return. Looks like your travels are bringing you to many lovely places. Enjoy dear friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit this lovely place - thanks for the virtual tour. And what an amazing foto of so many locks of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a wonderful place to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would like to visit this place
    http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails