Last week I was tagged by Suze and Amanda. Thanks girls. I will be starting with Suze’s tag – revealing ten things about myself. So here they are, in no particular order:
10. After I married The American we lived in St Louis (Missouri) for a year. I was pretty homesick but what I missed most was that blue ribbon on the horizon that you can see from any town or village here. I don’t think I can live anywhere that is too far from the sea.
Downtown St Louis and Gateway Arch
9. We got married in Malta in a church called Our Lady of Jesus in my hometown of Rabat. Its foundation stone was laid in 1492 – quite appropriate, I thought, since 1492 was the year Christopher Columbus discovered the Americas.
8. When I took my pregnancy test and the result was positive, I closed my eyes and, for a split second, I saw a baby boy with lots of dark brown hair and big brown eyes. Nine months later he was born. It was the only time during my pregnancy that something like that happened.
7. I love to travel and I love European history. If I can do both on the same trip, then it’s total bliss.
6. I am more of a country girl than a city girl. I love the wide open spaces of North America.
5. Visiting all of the 50 states is on my bucket list. Up to now I have been to Utah, Missouri, Illinois, Nevada and Arizona. I have a ways to go still.
4. My favourite perfume is Miracle by Lancome. It is my ‘going out’ perfume and I have used it for the past 8 years. For everyday, I change constantly. As soon as I go through one scent I buy a different one. Right now I am thinking of getting this one.
3. My favourite place in the world is probably Rome. I love everything about it: the history, the food, the temperament, the architecture …
2. I love chocolate especially when it is dark and bitter. I am always on the look-out for a new chocolate dessert to make. I think I will try this cake for an upcoming BBQ we have next weekend.
1. Every September I desperately long for rain. When it does come, I love the smell of the clean, wet earth. Hopefully it will come our way soon.
A Rainy Day Last Spring
This is going to be a short work week for me. Thursday is a public holiday and I am taking Friday off. So a lovely long weekend looms on the horizon. I wish you all a great week.
Thanks Suze for the tag (you may find Suze at Girl Wizard). Now it’s my turn to tag the following ladies:
Amanda at Travels With Persephone
Maggie at The Unibrow
Gattina at Writer Cramps
Leslie at Let A Joy Keep You
Lila at A Simplesmente Lila Braga