The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Friday 24 February 2012

Fabulous Fridays: Butterflies

Don’t you  just love them? So beautiful, so delicate. I like to call them nature’s ballerinas. Because that’s how they spend their life – dancing and flitting from flower to flower. So gentle, so exquisite.
USA 062-1
Our life is so much richer because of their existence. So colourful, so gentle. They are the souls of fairies. So whimsical, so ephemeral. 
USA 074-1
They are the here and now. So transient, so momentary. And if you’re lucky, really lucky, you will feel the gentle touch of a butterfly’s wings. So magical, so wonderful.
*******************************************************
USA 054-1
We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.  ~Carl Sagan
Darin's USA 239-1
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
~Irish Blessing
USA 072-1
Photographed at
The Butterfly House, Chesterfield (MO)
December 2011

14 comments:

  1. I do love them, and looking forward to their arrival. Have you visited The Butterfly House in Chesterfield? I'm certain you have when you lived here. It's fabulous, isn't it?
    My daughter sings the cutest butterfly song.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend! xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful specimens!
    Your pictures are awesome!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly and amazingly spectacular! What beautiful colours! You must have had a great time spotting these and eternally capturing their beauty...well done!

    Thanks for sharing with us : )

    Have a nice weekend,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterflies! I have a poster of photographs taken by a man who traveld all over the world taking photos of butterflies with a letter of the alphabet and numerbers on their wings! He photographed the whole alphabet and the numbers 1-9! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. each of these butterflies is a tiny masterpiece - what gorgeous images you captured.

    have a wonderful weekend, dear loree.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda said it all, each butterfly is a tiny masterpiece! Lovely photos Loree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are gorgeous, Loree! Each one is beautiful and colorful for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love butterflies ! But they became very rare here, last I saw only one and it looked pale yellow and half dead ! I don't know what happened, before we had a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful butterfly shots, Loree! I love the flowers they are on as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are WONDERFUL! i think my favorite is the midnight blue butterfly with the hot pink stripe that perfectly matches that flower he's perched upon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loree, I once had the word 'BLOOM' on my license plate for a year after a particularly trying time in my life. When I received the plates in the mail, a butterfly came and perched on the package. That was the only time something like that ever happened to me.

    A gorgeous post, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that "nature's ballerinas" ... beautiful.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely butterflyes...
    Best regards from Paris,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful pictures! You captured them so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails