The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Thursday 8 March 2012

The Words Of My Life

This interesting idea was started by Jeanne at Collage Of Life. Jeanne’s question is this: if your life was a game of Scrabble, what words would it be? Naturally, this got me thinking and I was soon summarising my life in words or simple phrases. It was strangely therapeutic to do this exercise. The list below is by no means exhaustive. I will be adding to it as time goes by. It has been interesting seeing what things I have in common with  Jeanne and with other women who have had a go at this exercise. So here goes … my life in words …
Mdina & Rabat
Malta
USA
an island
a continent
St Louis, MO
Mediterranean sea
son
husband
reading
writing
swimming
photography
books
Tuscany
Roma, Venezia, Siena
London
convent school
girlfriends
labradors
dwarf rabbits (Dutch Dwarves)
thunderstorms
rain
spring
sun-dresses
beanies and straw hats
vintage bicycles
                                                             Source: everythingfab.com via Lorna on Pinterest

vintage Vespas
turquoise
red, blood red & cherry red
cupcakes
baking
dark chocolate
Miracle by Lancome
postcards
lists
poetry
hydrangeas & roses
                                                                   Source: katyelliott.com via Lorna on Pinterest

sunflowers & gerberas
carnations
family
Maltese bread
butterflies
dragonflies
strawberries & peaches; grapes & cherries
blood oranges
blogging
Monet
Mozart
Sicily
                                                  Source: longlivejava.tumblr.com via Heather on Pinterest

spiritual
pottery
travelling
music
white wine
Chicago
bagels & cream cheese
blue jeans
pharmaceuticals
mum & dad
grandparents
whimsical
history
turquoise jewellery
silver
bangles
                                                    Source: freepeople.com via Lorna on Pinterest

So there they are - for now. A list of words which probably mean something only to me. Like life, this list is a work in progress – a collection  of experiences, memories and things which make me smile. Try it out, it is a simple but rewarding exercise.

15 comments:

  1. Loree, this looks like fun... wow now yours is a very long list.
    I must try it too.
    If you have some spare time, drop by my blog, you've been nominated and there's an award waiting for you.
    Congratulations!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thing to do, Loree! Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really interesting. great list. i might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem like it would be quite rewarding.

    You've sketched out a very refreshing existence on this page, Loree. I enjoyed reading it. I found it interesting that you mentioned, 'red,' and then made distinctions in hue. A nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my word would be: FREE.

    have a great weekend, Loree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list is great so far, Loree! I wonder what mine might be if I put the words down. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Jeanne from "Collage of Life". Having so much fun following her preparations for Vietnam. Wow, the blogging world feels like it has become smaller all of a sudden...I love that. Your list is beautiful. I should do this too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! I might give this a try too : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea... and your list is fabulous! Wishing you a lovely week! xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loree... I am so glad you enjoyed creating the words of your life! It is wonderful to read all the things we enjoy and then to see the similarities. I think we are all kindred spirits...must be a blogging characteristic. :) Keep writing, I think you are on to something! Thanks again for sharing. :)
    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quiet a very nice idea ! I am sure you won the scrabble, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came over from Jeanne's blog, I loved this post when Jeanne wrote it and did the excercise myself. It is a great opportunity to find kindred spirits in blog land.

    I love your list, come over and read mine if you have a minute.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those words made a lovely and creative picture. (Love the images you chose to go with them, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fun list! If I made a list it would have to include the color turquoise, flowers and dark chocolate. Now, I'm curious about Maltese bread, I would probably like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loved learning more about you - what an eclectic and fascinating list of loves! personally, i was particularly enthralled by maltese bread - would love to know exactly what that is!

    xo

    p.s. just noticed diane asked about this as well - i must admit maltese bread sounds pretty darn exotic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails